Wickwar Youth Centre - Vacancy
Wickwar Youth Centre is a registered charity which aims to provide a safe environment for young people of the village and surrounding area to meet in, to enjoy activities and to learn new skills. We are a member of the South Gloucestershire Youth Work Partnership and work closely with a number of partner agencies including the Parish Council, South Gloucestershire Council and the Community Lottery.
We currently have a vacancy for a
YOUTH WORKER in CHARGE
(at Wickwar Youth Centre)
The post is for 8 hours per week (term-time only) with a
salary of £14.00per hour (which includes holiday pay)
Weekly sessions: Juniors Monday 6.30 – 8.30pm, Seniors Wednesday 6.30 – 8.30pm delivery, with half hour set up, also half hour debrief and clear up. In addition, there are 2 hours for Admin, ordering materials, purchasing tuck etc.
We are seeking someone with:
- A Level 3 in Youth Work or willingness to undertake the training to this level - this may be waived if the applicant has relevant experience of Youth Work;
- Commitment to the development, understanding and implementing of Equal Opportunities;
- Experience of building positive relationships with young people;
- Ideas for building an engaging programme and the ability to motivate young people to contribute to it;
- The ability to lead, supervise and successfully manage a small team of staff and volunteers;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Able to write reports and maintain accurate records;
- The ability to work without direct and immediate supervision;
Closing date for applications is 10am on Wednesday 2nd Sept 2020. Interviews will be held week beginning 7th September 2020 with a start date of Monday 12th October 2020 or as soon as possible after that.
Please contact the Treasurer Rusty Ansell on 01454 294795 in the first instance for an application form or email email@example.com