Support for Young Carers
A Young Carer is a child under 18 who regularly helps to look after a family member or friend who is disabled, ill, has a mental health condition or addiction problem.
Children may engage in:
- Practical tasks (cooking, housework and shopping)
- Physical care (lifting or helping someone use the stairs)
- Personal care (dressing, washing, helping with toilet needs)
- Managing the family budget (collecting benefits and prescriptions)
- Managing medication
- Looking after younger siblings
- Helping someone communicate
We have joined the Young Carers in School Programme. At Brimsham Green School we are committed to ensuring that all pupils who are young carers are identified and supported effectively. We know that we have students here that are young carers and that they may need a little extra support to enjoy and do well at school.
If you, or a family member, needs support, please do not hesitate to make contact with one of the Young Carers School Operational Team for more information.
- Tina Bysouth SEND Admin Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Gay- PE Teacher email@example.com
- Katie Taylor- Teaching Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about The Young Carers Bristol and South Gloucestershire service, including eligibility and referrals, please use the following link and have a look at their website.