Our approach to Mathematics is to involve students in their learning and to stimulate their interest.
Aims: In our teaching of Mathematics we aim to:
- Develop each student’s confidence in working mathematically
- Develop each student’s enjoyment of mathematics
- Help each student to ‘think mathematically’, to discover relationships and solve problems
- Help and encourage each student to attain the standard of mathematical achievement of which they are capable
- Develop each student’s ability to communicate effectively using mathematics
- Develop in each student a positive attitude towards number
- Develop each student’s awareness of the uses of mathematics in other subject discipline in the school and in life outside school
Further information relating to the Mathematics Department can be found here.
Mr M Morgan
Head of Department