- Assessment and Reporting
- Behaviour for Learning
- Business Partners
- Charitable Work
- COVID-19 Home Testing
- Free School Meals
- Global Partnership
- Lost Property
- Lunchtime Arrangements
- Medical Care
- Parent Pay
- Parents' Forum
- Staff Contact List
- School Equipment
- School Meals
- School Uniform
- Student Property
- Term Dates & The School Day
Free School Meals
Is your child entitled?
Are you eligible?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods, and your monthly average income over three assessment periods should be no more than £616.67)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
What are the advantages for parents?
- No need to provide dinner money or packed lunches each day
- Your son or daughter will get good food to the value of over £450 in a school year
What are the advantages for students?
- Good food - offering a range of hot and cold options
- Registering for Free School Meals can bring additional funding for your child’s education
How does it work?
Your son or daughter selects their meal along with all the other students and gives their name to the cashier instead of paying.
How can you claim?
Please telephone Brimsham Green School on 01454 868 888 if you have any queries regarding the application process or need help completing the application.