- BBC Bitesize
- Distance Learning
- Extra Curricular
- Home learning
- Learning Grids
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- PiXl Unlock App
- Report a safeguarding/ wellbeing concern
- Positive Wellbeing
- Revision & Extended Study
- Satchel:one (Show My Homework)
- Student Planner 2021-2022
- Study Centre
At Brimsham Green School we have an excellent selection of Extra-curricular activities which take place before, during and after the school day. The activities are designed to broaden both mind and body. Students have regular opportunities to visit museums, exhibitions and theatres, as well as longer residential trips both within the UK and abroad. We use various agencies to support our extra-curricular work and also aim to support students in gaining accreditation, such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
The following opportunities are available weekly:
- Sports - There are various sporting clubs that are run on a weekly basis, these include; football, netball, hockey, rugby, badminton, boccia, table top cricket, table tennis, cricket and athletics. The department also runs ski trips that are open to all students from year 7 to 13.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme - Each year the school runs the Duke of Edinburgh Award for students from Year 10 to 13, this has proven to be very successful and competitive with lots of students applying. Over recent years many students have gone on to achieve the Gold Award. Further information can be found at http://www.dofe.org/ and if you are interested and would like to know more, please contact Mr D Powell email@example.com
- Homework Club - These sessions are run weekly by the various Heads of Year in the study centre, students are encouraged to attend if they struggle with their organisational skills. The study centre is open daily until 4.00 pm to all students to use for private supervised study.
- Musical Opportunities - Peripatetic music lessons take place daily and these are partially funded by the school. Various music, band and choir practices are held on a weekly basis by the music department. The department also runs bi-annual band tours to various European countries.
- Drama - There are weekly drama workshops and sessions that are run by the department that produce small productions. There is also a regular School Production which is often a musical.
- Art - The school has a weekly art club that meets and hosts art workshops over half terms. The school regularly exhibits its work locally at Yate Heritage Centre.
- Science - The school has a Science Technology Engineering and Mechanics (STEM) club that takes part in various competitions across the authority. This year they took part in the Big Bang Engineering Fair at the Excel Centre in London and reached the Final of the Flying Start Challenge.
- Maths - The school regularly takes part in the National Maths Challenge competition each year and students have been extremely successful with many students winning the top gold award.
- Debating - The school has a long traditional of debating and we regularly take part in local and regional debating competitions, often reaching the finals of the annual RIBI Youth Speaks competition.
- Literacy opportunities - The school runs a regular Book and Young Writers club and termly Film club that meet to discuss and watch the latest books and films. The study centre is a key area of the school as it regularly invites in guest writers and authors. In Year 7 students are invited to join our breakfast phonic groups, which aims to promote a love of lifelong reading.