- BBC Bitesize
- Distance Learning
- Extra Curricular
- Home learning
- Learning Grids
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- PiXl Unlock App
- Report a safeguarding/ wellbeing concern
- Positive Wellbeing
- Revision & Extended Study
- Satchel:one (Show My Homework)
- Student Planner 2021-2022
- Study Centre
Queries relating to examinations should be forwarded,
via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 and 2020-21 Exams: Following the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, the UK government has decided that the Summer 2021 examination series will not go ahead as planned. Instead, teachers will determine your grades, based upon a range of evidence on content you have been taught across the course of study, which will be internally quality assured by the school. These results will then be reviewed by the exam boards before awarding the final grades that reflect your performance and allow you to confidently progress to the next stage of your education or into employment.
A series of FAQs for students and parents on grading of GCSEs and other qualifications in summer 2021 can be accessed here.
More information about the awarding of grades this summer can be found in the JCQ document “Guidance for students, parents and guardians: GCSEs and AS/A Levels in England. Summer 2021”: https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/JCQ-Guidance-for-Students-and-Parents-on-Summer-2021.pdf)
Further information can be found on each exam board’s dedicated COVID-19 web pages:
Year 10 Mock Exams 2021: A timetable for the Year 10 Mock Exams can be accessed here.
Year 11 Assessments for Summer 2021: These assessment details are based on information we know at present. We will endeavour to update this timetable with any changes, but please check with subject teachers for the latest information. These details are based on what we know at present. We will endeavour to update this page with any changes.
- Year 11 Assessment Timetable - Summer 2021 (updated 07.05.21)
- Year 11 Assessments Contributing to Teacher Assessed Grade - Summer 2021
- Centre Policy on Awarding of Teacher Assessed Grades - Summer 2021
- Results and Appeals Process - Summer 2021
- Candidate Confirmation for how TAGs will be awarded - Summer 2021
Certificates: Certificates for Summer 2020 are now available for collection from the main school office. If not collected in person, a representative can collect on your behalf with signed permission from you and photographic ID.
Certificates for Summer 2021 will be available from Monday 29th November 2021.
We have a large number of uncollected certificates dating back to 2009. Please check that older siblings have collected their certificates. It is a requirement for us to hold certificates for five years only, after which point they will be destroyed. We do not hold copies of certificates.
A previous posting indicated we would we be emailing results to students; however, in the light of changes to social distancing guidance, students should now collect their results from the Drama Hall as follows:
- Tuesday 10th August – A-Level/Level 3 vocational courses – from 9.00 am.
- Thursday 12th August – GCSE/Level 2 vocational courses – by houses, as follows: Action- 8.30-9.00; Deerleap – 9.00-9.30; Hawkesbury – 10.00-10.30; Ladenbrook – 10.30-11.00.
If you are unable to attend this day to collect your results in person, you may nominate a friend or family member to collect your results on your behalf by providing signed, written permission or emailing the exams team (email@example.com) in advance. Any uncollected results envelopes will be posted home second class at the end of the day.
Information for Candidates and Parents/Carers
- Information for Candidates - Coursework Assessments 2021
- Information for Candidates - Non Examination Assessments 2021
- Information for Candidates - On Screen Tests 2021
- Information for Candidates - Privacy Notice
- Information for Candidates - Social Media
- Information for Candidates - Written Examinations 2021
- Information for Candidates - Instructions for Conducting Coursework 2021
- Information for Candidates - Frequently Asked Questions
- Information for Parents/Carers - Cognitive Load Theory
- Information for Parents/Carers - Keeping Active During Revision
- Information for Parents/Carers - Space and Timing for Revision
- Information for Parents/Carers - The Chunking Technique
- Information for Parents/Carers - The Interleaving Technique
- Information for Parents/Carers - The Flipped Learning Technique
- Information for Parents/Carers - Using Flashcards
- Information for Parents/Carers - Parental Support For Exams