Global Partnership - Hosanna, Uganda
Our Story so far!
Setting Up a Global Partnership
Stage 1: Establish contact with partner school
Stage 2: Reciprocal Visit Programme
OBJECTIVES: Exchange staff between school to:
- Formalise partnership
- Establish a shared curriculum – draw up an curriculum action plan
- Establish student exchange programme
- (£1900 awarded by British Council)
Stage 3: Global Curriculum Project
- Further develop joint curriculum projects
- Offer students the opportunity to work with partners abroad!
- (Up to £6000) awarded by British Council)
Continuation of fundraising:
Funds raised for the Global Partnership will initially go towards establishing the joint curriculum and getting the logistics of the students exchange firmly in place, in addition to the grant from the British Council.
It will also go towards providing Hosanna students and community with materials they can use to sell and raise money for the partnership. (To be co-ordinated during BGS staff visit to Uganda in April 2009).
Additional monies raised during the early stages and then beyond, shall continue to be used to support the development of Hosanna: textbooks, exercise books, resources, buildings, secondary school development etc.